The Song Boost App (“Song Boost App”) is provided by Song Boost Limited (“Song Boost”, “we”, “us”, “our”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which we process your personal data. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we treat it. By downloading and using the Song Boost App, you are expressly consenting to us collecting, processing, using, and storing your personal data as described below.
The personal data we collect is controlled by Song Boost Limited, Church Road Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya.
We may, from time to time, link to and from the websites or apps of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites or apps, please note that these websites or apps have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites or apps.
The Types of Personal Data We Use & How We Use It
We may collect and use the following information about you:
• Sign-up Information: For the purposes of our contract with you to operate and provide the Song Boost App, we collect the information you provide when you sign-up for a Song Boost account. This includes information, such as your name, email address, phone number, country, and (with your consent) data collected from a social network (if you log in using your social login ID).
• Technical Usage Information: As it is in our legitimate interests to be responsive to you and to ensure the proper functioning of our service, we also collect the information you provide when you use Song Boost App, such as your profile, unique identification code, cookies, mobile carrier, time zone setting, and usage. We will also collect device information such as operating systems, battery and signal strength, device identifiers and settings, software names. We also use this to provide you with user support. We will also use this data to inform you of your usage statistics and traffic information, to assist us in enforcing our terms, conditions and policies, to improve our services, administer internal operations (such as for troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes), to keep Song Boost safe and secure (including verifying accounts and activity), and to comply with legal obligations.
• Your Usage Information: It is in our legitimate interests to customise our services for you. In order to do this, we will also collect data about your usage of Song Boost App such as your interaction with our in-app content and features. We will also measure the effectiveness of such features so that we can make these more relevant for you.
• Payments Data: We use third payment providers to process payments, and all payment information will be subject to their privacy policies. Song Boost will collect certain information from your transactions or purchases for the purposes of supplying our service (including your contact and delivery details) and for customer care and support. Song Boost does not store your credit card details.
• Location Data: With your consent, we may process information about your location, based on Global Positioning System (GPS) is activated (“Location Data”). We (and our service providers) may use this Location Data to provide you with location-based value added services including marketing. If you do not wish to share your location with us, you can switch off GPS functionality on your mobile device.
Marketing targeted to your likes and interests: With your consent, you authorize us (and our service providers) to process information about you for automated and manual analysis purposes to identify your likes and interests. This data includes Location Data, messaging data, technical usage information, and your usage information and preferences. We may also enrich the data we hold about you with data from third-party sources including information if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services we provide, information from third parties (such as advertising networks and analytics providers), and from other sources, including business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources as well as those third-party partners that offer goods and services via Song Boost. We use this information to identify your likes and interests to improve our services and tailor them to you and show you through Song Boost offers and promotions for products or services that we think would interest you.
It is in our legitimate interests that we may use some of your sign-up information and general usage information to market our services to you.
With your consent, we will also use your information for marketing as described below. Save in relation to receipt of offers and promotions via Song Boost, you have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Marketing via Song Boost: In addition to tailoring the content you see, we use the information set out above to provide you offers, promotions, and information about our and third-party services via Song Boost. Please note that the provision of tailored offers and promotions via Song Boost is necessary to enable us to provide Song Boost at a competitively affordable fee. These will continue to be provided to you even where you opt-out of other types of marketing. If you no longer wish to receive any offers and promotions via Song Boost, you should cancel your account.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data – including your enriched data – with selected third parties, including:
• our suppliers and service providers who help us run Song Boost App;
• other companies that are part of the Song Boost corporate group;
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Song Boost App.
With your consent, we may share your personal data with our commercial partners (who act as separate data controllers and may use your personal data for their own purposes) so that we/they can make you special offers and promotions via Song Boost;
We may share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organizations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
• comply with a legal obligation, process, or request;
• enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
• detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud, or technical issues; or
• protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, a third party, or the public as required or permitted by law (including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We may also disclose your information to third parties:
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
• if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our users will be one of the transferred assets.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The information that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at, a destination outside of your country. It may also be processed by staff operating outside of your country who work for us, for one of our suppliers, or one of our business partners. By submitting your information, you agree to this transfer, storing, or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
The Security of Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the internet; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
We will retain your information for the duration of your agreement with Song Boost. After you have terminated your use of Song Boost services, we may store your information in an aggregated and anonymized format.
How You Can Delete Information
You can delete your Song Boost account at any time. If you delete your account, we will delete information that you have posted but your content will be stored for a given duration so that if you decide to use Song Boost App again during that period you can recover all of your previous content.
We welcome your feedback on any aspects of the Song Boost App including if any information that is captured about you is inaccurate or you wish Song Boost to stop processing your location data or creating profiles about you. Please email us at email@example.com.
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this policy.
Questions, comments, and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.